Headquartered in Oslo, Opera has a user base of more than 50m MAUs in Europe and 360m worldwide is looking to expand into financial services. Opera first acquired a 9.9% interest in AB Fjord Bank, completion of the acquisition of the remaining 90.1% is pending regulatory approval.
“Opera has been making innovative browsers and apps for 25 years. Our browsers are the personal choice of millions of people who prefer them over those that come preinstalled on their devices,” says Krystian Kolondra, EVP Opera. “Looking at the fintech space in Europe, we believe it needs more and bigger challengers who should provide people with smarter and empowering solutions for their personal finances.”